Monday, May 26, 2014

The wrong way to retrieve a hat

 We were picking cotton in Mississippi County AK. One day after work we loaded into the pickup to go to the place where we were staying. There were a good number of us in the back of my dad’s truck. I was in the very back and my hat blew off my head. I knew that I would catch it from my mother if she had to buy be another hat. It was a field dirt road so my dad was going about twenty miles an hour. I quickly decided to retrieve my hat and forgot to run by holding on to the back of the truck. The next mistake I made was to just step of the truck with my back to the truck. I quickly became a human ball rolling behind the truck. Luckily a human ball does not roll very far. Outside of getting pretty dirty and scuffed up some I came out alright and retrieved my hat and walked home.

No comments:

Post a Comment