Sunday, October 26, 2014

Killing kittens and pups

Another chore that I did not like to do was to kill kittens and pups. When you have cats and dogs they can produce more kittens and pups and you can handle. You can't give them away because everybody in the country already has their own kittens and pups. If you don't destroy them you will be overrun with cats and dogs. My dad gave this chore to me and my brother. He would say," you boys take the kittens or pups out and kill them." There was no discussion there was just obedience. My brother and I wanted to do it in the most humane way. But there were not a lot of choices left to us as to how we did it. It would've been nice if we could put them to sleep, and option we did not have. So we would take the hind legs of the pup or kitten and swing with all of our might and crush their head into a tree or a rock so that they would die instantly. You know they have died instantly when there is no crying on their part.


I know this sounds cruel but it was more humane than what city people did. They wood box up there kittens and pulps and bring them into the country and dump them. This left infant kittens and pups to fend for themselves which was something they could not do. These kittens and pulps starve to death which is a hard way to die. This is cruel and unusual punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment