Saturday, August 9, 2014

Don’t get your ears washed by someone who is mad at someone else

          When my youngest sister was born my folk sent us over to Grandma Taylor house. She and my dad went to his only sisters home where Evelene was born. The time of the year was a few days before Christmas 1941. Grandma was living in a cabin which was a stone’s throw from the Witts Springs Cemetery. On Sunday morning my Grandmother told Wanda to wash my ears to get ready for church. I was six years old at the time. Wanda did not want to do it so Grandma came down hard on her and told her to do as she was told. She proceeded in a manner that showed she was not happy to obey. I was receiving a good deal of pain so I decided that I would quit the premises and go home to mommy. I lit out as fast as my legs could carry me. My Grandma could not have caught me and since I had a head start my sister was having a hard time catching up with me. My brother and a cousin who was also there at the time could have caught me in a hurry. But they were running alongside my Grandma asking what she was going to do when she caught me. I was making good my escape until I came to a barbed wire fence. I could not jump it but I could crawl under but when I had to slow up to crawl under it my sister caught me. My Grandma gave me a good thrashing all the way back to the cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment