Monday, June 23, 2014

The danger of teasing your little brother

My brother, Leroy was forever teasing me about this or that. One day he began to tease me about a girl in a neighboring community. That went to the same school we attended. She was from a very poor family and always came to school dirty and smelly. My brother was telling me that she was my girl friend and he just went on and on. I got angry with him and began to throw rocks at him. He was hiding behind the wood pile to escape from the rocks. I hurled one with all the strength I could muster just as he raised up from behind the wood pile and caught him in the forehead. The force of the rock almost knocked him out and it cut his skin and blood was pouring out. He ran crying to my mother and I got a good thrashing from my mother. He got a large knot on his head and a lesson that although I was smaller I could deliver a good blow with a rock.   

No comments:

Post a Comment